Total performance health benefits of massage
Physical relaxation through reduced muscle tension, increasing joint flexibility and easing movement i.e. allowing the rib cage to expand for deeper breathing.
Massage encourages circulation of blood and lymphatic fluid reducing swelling and encouraging healing. It can lower blood pressure and tension headaches can be reduced or eliminated. It can improve mental and emotional states.
The benefits of Massage Therapy are both mental and physical and include:
- Increased flexibility.
- Faster recovery after exercise.
- Treatment and prevention for conditions like OOS, back pain, hip pain, shin splints, headaches and migraines, neck and shoulder tension.
- Physical and mental relaxation.
- Regular reduction in stress hormones has health benefits including reduced risk of stress related illnesses.
- May benefit during postural change associated with pregnancy.
- Assist wellbeing during periods of increased stress.
- For general maintenance, providing some balance for those with busy lifestyles.
- Helps strengthens the immune system.
- Can help reduce anxiety, fatigue and improve sleep quality.